Sunday, October 30, 2016

My, turn. The Zeus needs clothes.

Set up for this:  "Honey, I'm done.  It's ready to be patterned for a cover.  You have two hours."

First, should I be flattered that he has faith in my skills, or should I be pissed.  I was a combo of both.
Cue in sound of Lisa or Marge Simpson snarling.

So I threw together a pattern based on research and other covers I have seen.  But if you don't have the actual object there to finalize? it tain't gonna work out.

So, I go with the basic 'box' design.  It means that it will be the shape of the boat, but not fitted and thus windage will be a problem.  I installed straps below, but I've seen plenty of covers where that just isn't enough over the bow and stern.

Tim will say it was his idea all along.  Tim's life got threatened a lot.

Remember, when the sail loft is open..no 'suggestions' while there are rippers, scissors and hot knives present.

So, another photo story for you.

The boat is rigged to simulate where I need to put the openings for the davits.

My assistant.  She sucks.

After the plan B pattern was put in place.

Once again, my suckass assistant (she is blended into couch).  And who knew that
thawed out freezer gel packs made fantastic pattern weights.


Finished product after being cleaned of dog hair and chalk marks.

It's the little details......

Down in Key West, and it freakin' fits (but baggy as I predicted)
So, we decide to try the old grommet and bungie cord method of fitting the bottom of the cover, and it worked, and made it easy to slide on and off right before lifting.

Yeah, don't try this at home.

Pleased that measuring by paddleboard is working and the promise of wine for reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment