Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Prepping for our trip

After a couple of delays due to dead dinghy and trouble shooting a few things, we were ready to finally do a trip to the Dry Tortugas.  Seven years in the making using a boat we owned ourselves.

As Tim worked on testing our systems and trying to break the boat, I had the task of provisioning for our 4 days (plus, for safety).  The first time I had to worry about that, and also pay attention the fact that we'd be 'pack on/pack off' at the Tortugas, so no trash disposal.

I did a pretty reasonable job with supplies.  We have a great set up on our boat with a deep fridge and a freezer (alcohol fridge) in the floorboards.  Now that they both have be recharged and have nice working thermostats on them, we have all sorts of configurations for cold storage.

I also went through and repackaged what I could to limit the amount of trash we would have to deal with.  I made a mental note to myself to get one of the battery powered handheld vacuum sealers for food for when we have longer trips to make.

All in all, I had more food than we needed, and still plenty of storage left.  Big thanks for by Bday present of mobile wine bag that also helped save a lot of space.

Holds two bottles of wine.

Fridge.  Pre-cut up veggies and lunch items in bins down below. (Can't see, but easy to access.)

Rednecks dream: Beer and meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment