Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Key West to Marquesa

Finally, we are off.  We had the wind on our aft quarter, so we could get some sails up. YAY!  Lovely sail to Marquesa Key averaging around 6 - 6.5 knots.  A bit crazy taking the sails in because my line handler once again thought it would be fun to take a fully loaded sheet off the winch.

Once again a learning moment, instead of trying to go downwind like he asked,  I should have tacked to make the other sheet the working sheet. (I had it prepped on a the winch.)

We learn by dumbass maneuvers.

Our second dumbass maneuver was that we anchored, well, pretty much in the Caribbean from what I can surmise.  Holy crap. We've been here before and had great anchorage. But our Raymarine chart was really goofy.  We could have got in closer. And we were hailed by some boats saying that we could, but we didn't.  And we paid the price in rocking and rolling all night long.  (and not in a fun way.)



Can't really see, but my boy sails in socks.  It was a bit chilly on the water.


I am a bit chillier than sock sailor.

Yeah, we anchored that. far. away.

Requisite sunset pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment