Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Kim boat projects


The first one was to take our old mattress cover that was for a SQUARE bed and turn it into a triangle for the V berth.

Hand sewing a two inch thick cover is something else. Especially when you have stuffing and everything else popping up.  

Not completely done with it yet.....mainly because last time we were there I kept blowing it off--remember HAND sewing. But it will fit perfectly when done.  And I got the bonus round of giving smug looks to my husband.

My other project was patterning the grill, which has currently become a pelican perch.  

Speaking of pelicans--NO FEAR--I had one join me for sundowners when we were there. Just plopped down by me on the back deck, hey wotcha got there, sunshine?

So, patterning done, just have to get the sail loft at home ready to do all the fixit projects on Patriot and small projects on Elysium.

I'm eventually going to have to load up the sail rite machine and take it down to Key West to repair our sail and leech line on our main.  ROAD TRIP!

Here's a pic of the patterning with my supervisor Big Beak O'Reilly.


No comments:

Post a Comment